Our virtual Annual Meeting is taking place August 2–4, 2021, offering convenient half-day sessions and a digital format that allows for broader participation from state and federal animal feed and pet food officials, as well as the regulated community.
Our 2021 AAFCO virtual Annual Meeting features the following:
- Keynote speaker, Tim Schell, from the FDA with an update on FDA CVM activities
- Discussions from a range of committees, including the Ingredient Definitions, Pet Food, and Laboratory Services Committees
- Opportunity for full access registrants to ask questions or offer comments during committee meetings. Instructions for joining a queue to provide a verbal comment during a committee meeting will be provided in the platform after you log in with your username and password.
Full access registration
Choose this option if you want the following:
- Live webcast of each committee meeting and programming
- On-demand video library of committee and speaker sessions
- One-year unlimited access to exclusive content
The virtual service provider for this meeting is the same provider AAFCO worked with in January for the 2021 AAFCO Midyear Meeting and in August 2020 for the 2020 AAFCO Annual Meeting. The platform has been updated to include new options for us to use to maximize our virtual experience.
New! Exclusive content for full access registrants! More value for you!
Exclusive content will be available for 12 months. Here’s what we’re offering:
- Hemp in cattle food research report – Michael Kleinhenz, assistant professor/beef production medicine, Kansas State University
- Functional foods discussion
We’re offering these sessions as exclusive content due to the time constraints of the virtual format and the multiple time zones.
Watch for this email message!
July 26: full access registrants receive their username and password along with a video offering instruction on how to access and use the portal. Because of the updates to the platform, we recommend you watch this video to be sure you maximize your experience.
Lost your access codes or need other technical support for the video platform? Email email@example.com any time you need assistance—even during or after our meeting.
Full access registrants may use these buttons during our meeting:
- Join Live Sessions
- Chat – make an inquiry which is visible to all meeting attendees
- Ask a Question – make an inquiry privately, and automatically send an email to AAFCO representatives
- Schedule – single page agenda-at-a-glance for the full meeting (all days)
- Speakers – pictures and brief biographies of the panelists and the keynote speakers
- Resources – agenda book will be available to download here along with other helpful resources
- Button to launch a PDF of committee members and advisers in the meeting (nonparticipating committee members or advisers will not be noted, and late arrivals may not be on the list)
The chat feature will be available to everyone with full access registration and is one option for questions during committee meetings. Chat is not planned to be used for voting at this meeting.
At the direction of the committee chair, verbal comments may be made during committee meetings. Instructions for joining a queue to voice a comment during a committee meeting will be provided in the platform after you log in with your username and password.
Complimentary live-audio listen-only access (no video webcast access) will be available. The connection to access this complimentary feature will be available via a button on the video platform. No access to the webcast features and benefits available under the full access registration will be available for listeners selecting this option. If you decide you need to upgrade to full access registration, you are invited to do so at any time during our meeting through the Meetings page on our website.
Committee members—please log on 45 minutes prior to each session to allow the vice chair to determine quorum and to do audio checks.