AAFCO Common Food Index Project Coordinator
Summary: Reporting to the Executive Director and the Ingredient Definition Committee Chair, the Common Food Index (CFI) Coordinator interacts with the CFI Subcommittee regarding CFI submissions, operations, procedures, and policies. This position is a part-time, 1099 contractor with an estimated weekly commitment of 5 to 10 hours. Position is remote (virtual) and can work anywhere in the United States.
- Perform the following tasks for the Common Food Index:
- Work with CFI Subcommittee to ensure that the CFI guidelines and procedures are maintained and followed.
- Provide direction and management of allocated tasks as directed from the Ingredient Definition Committee (IDC) and Committee Chair
- Initiate contact through written correspondence or verbal communication regarding CFI business to ensure timely and efficient operations.
- Coordinate CFI subcommittee meetings, provide timely CFI public announcements by working with the Executive Director, and provide subcommittee reports and recommendations to the IDC.
- Serve as primary contact and coordinator for the CFI
- Work with stakeholders including regulatory, industry, and the public
- Work with FASS Admin Support and IT
- Upload new and revised CFI automation procedures to appropriate IT contacts
- Identify any technology issues and report incidents
- Assist in review of submitted food items for consideration by the subcommittee
- Assist CFI subcommittee in formulating answers for questions from public comment
- Assist Committee Chair with the following:
- Attend annual (August) and mid-year (January) meetings
- Acts as spokesperson for the CFI Subcommittee
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor of science in animal science, animal nutrition, or a related field from four-year college or university
- At least 3 years of previous work experience with animal food regulations.
- General knowledge of animal health
- Work experience in project management is helpful
- Experience working with volunteers and technical subject matter experts
- Experience with managing tight timelines and meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Commitment to excellent customer service
Opening date for applications: 5/25/23
Closing date for applications: 6/16/23
To apply, send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com