Do you manufacture, process, pack, transport, distribute, receive, hold or import pet food?

Is your product made in a commercial facility rather than your own home?

If you make your product in your own home, then you are exempt. If you do any of the above, you must register your facility with the FDA in compliance with the Bioterrorism Act. For a booklet on facility registration, go HERE.

Manufacturers with facilities registered under the Bioterrorism Act must also report on any contamination that may reasonably result in serious harm to people or animals in a very prompt manner.  Information on the Reportable Food Registry may be found HERE.