2023 AAFCO Microbiology Hands-On Workshop -sold out
April 25-28, 2023
The basic workshop will feature presentations and hands-on laboratory sessions on detection, isolation, and confirmation of bacterial pathogens in animal food. Participants will learn about their role in a public health investigation, what defensible data means and how to present a defensible data package, laboratory safety, and standard methodology.
AAFCO Microbiology Hands-On Workshop Agenda
Registration Information (Sold Out)
- No registration fee, other than you meet the minimum requirements:
- State Agriculture laboratory employee who has no food microbiology experience but has some basic knowledge of microbiology
- Has at least one year (minimum) of laboratory experience
- AAFCO will cover hotel, airfare and lunch each day (Tuesday-Friday).
- Attendee will be responsible for transportation to and from the airport, as well as breakfast and dinner.
- Workshop registration is limited to 6 attendees.
Registration Deadline: March 31, 2023