AAFCO Store Policies
Please review these policies carefully as they are the terms of sale that govern your purchases with AAFCO and at the AAFCO Store. They set out your rights and obligations with respect to your purchases. Your placement of an order at the AAFCO Store constitutes your agreement that these policies apply to the order, so be certain you understand them before you place your order.
Hours of Operation
If you would like product and pricing information, the AAFCO Office is available to assist you Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., CST, at (217) 356-4221.
Under normal circumstances, your order should be shipped within three (3) business days of placing your order. Please allow this time to pass before calling about your order status.
For order status information or other assistance with an order you already placed with the AAFCO Store, please contact AAFCO by phone at (217) 356-4221, Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CST.
Sales to End Users Only
The AAFCO Store sells and ships products to end user customers only. You may not purchase for resale. AAFCO reserves the right to refuse or cancel your order if AAFCO suspects you are purchasing for resale.
Credit Card Purchases
You can pay for your purchase with American Express, Discover, MasterCard and Visa credit or debit cards associated with a billing address within the United States and most United States territories. Gift cards and wire transfers cannot be used to make purchases, and you may not combine payment methods.
Proof of Purchase/Receipt
Upon successful completion of your credit card transaction, AAFCO will send you a confirmation of your order via the email address you have included with your order. This is the only receipt you will receive for your purchase, so please make a copy of this receipt for your records.
AAFCO allows you to make your purchases using the payment method described below. Please read our policies carefully, especially with respect to the payment method, before you place your order.
When you purchase an AAFCO Publication online, you must pay by credit card. When you provide AAFCO with your card information, AAFCO may obtain a pre-approval from the card company for the amount of the order, which may result in a corresponding block on your available credit while the pre-approval remains in place. Once the credit card has been approved for purchase, AAFCO will make every attempt to ship your order as soon as possible. However, depending on the shipping method you choose, there could be a slight delay in receiving your product. The AAFCO Store accepts VISA, Discover, American Express and MasterCard credit cards. The AAFCO Store may require the credit card security code for your card for any online purchase to protect against the unauthorized use of your credit card by other persons. The security code is an individual three- or four-digit number specific to your card that may be printed on the face of your card above the embossed account number, or on the back of your card on the signature panel.
AAFCO offers several convenient shipping options:
- Standard Shipping: This option is free on all qualifying products. Products shipped via standard service are normally delivered within six business days after shipment.
- 2-Day Shipping: For an additional charge, AAFCO offers his expedited shipping option for most products. Products shipped via two-day service prior to 2:00 p.m. EST are normally delivered by 4:30 p.m. local time two business days after shipment.
- 2-3 Day International Shipping: For an additional charge, AAFCO offers this expedited shipping option on products shipped from international locations.
Next Business Day Shipping: For an additional charge, AAFCO offers this expedited shipping option on most of AAFCO’s products. Products shipped prior to 2:00 p.m. EST via Next Business Day service are normally delivered one business day after shipment. Next Business Day delivery is not available for orders shipping to Alaska and Hawaii.
The standard shipping services AAFCO uses are FedEx, UPS and the United States Postal Service. Remember that these estimates are for time in transit only, and that they do not apply until the product leaves AAFCO’s office. As the delivery of your order is beyond AAFCO’s control once your order leaves AAFCO’s offices AAFCO cannot assume liability for late deliveries, regardless of the delivery method you specify.
Failed Delivery Attempts: Most of AAFCO’s carriers make multiple attempts to deliver a package. After those delivery attempts, the carrier will return the package to AAFCO if an incorrect or incomplete address was supplied for shipping.
The estimated shipment date on your order is based on product availability, payment processing time, and office processing time and does not include transit time. AAFCO does not begin payment processing until AAFCO receives all of the information that it needs and full payment or a full authorization in the case of credit card orders.
AAFCO will begin payment processing for orders placed on weekends or holidays on the next business day. Business days are Monday through Friday, excluding federal holidays.
Your order for in-stock items that are eligible for same-day shipping must be received before 11:00 a.m. EST, pending payment processing, for there to be adequate remaining time in the day for your order to be dispatched.
AAFCO ships all products from locations inside the United States.
Please review the Product Availability section below for more information regarding order processing and product availability times.
AAFCO makes every effort to ship your product according to the estimated lead times provided by the AAFCO Store at checkout. The estimated lead times are in business days (Monday through Friday, excluding federal holidays). Lead times quoted on the checkout page are for orders that are partially shipped, meaning that items ship as soon as they are available. If you have requested a complete shipment, please add three to four additional days for transportation and order consolidation processing.
Although AAFCO makes every effort to ship your order according to the lead time provided, shipping dates may change due to changes in supply. If the lead time changes, AAFCO will contact you via email and provide a revised shipping estimate.
AAFCO encourages you to contact AAFCO Store Customer Service at (217) 356-4221 for order status information.
Return and Refund Policy
If you are not satisfied with your AAFCO Store purchase of a product, please call (217) 356-4221.
Note: AAFCO recommends that you (1) use a carrier that offers shipment tracking for all returns and (2) either insure your package for safe return to AAFCO or declare the full value of the shipment so that you are completely protected if the shipment is lost or damaged in transit. If you choose not to (1) use a carrier that offers tracking or (2) insure or declare the full value of the product, you will be responsible for any loss or damage to the product during shipping.
Meeting Registration Fee Refund Policy
If registration is paid before the late fee cut-off date and a refund of a paid registration fee is requested — a refund will only be made if the request is two (2) weeks prior to the meeting.
If registration is paid, and included the late fee and a refund of a paid registration fee is requested – a refund will be made only if the request is made two (2) weeks prior to the meeting, but the late fee will not be refunded.
If a refund of paid registration is requested after the date of two (2) weeks prior to the meeting, only a 50% refund will be made and at no time will the late fee (if paid) be refunded.
If you have placed an order in the AAFCO Store or have registered for a meeting, and need to cancel your purchase or registration, you may contact AAFCO Store Customer Service at (217) 356-4221.
Your request for a cancellation of meeting registration fees cannot conflict with the provisions outlined in the section entitled “Meeting Registration Fee Refund Policy” of these policies.
Your request for a cancellation of a purchase from the AAFCO Store will be processed within seven (7) business days after your request. You should contact AAFCO Store Customer Service at (217) 356-4221.
Hours of AAFCO Customer Service are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday to Friday, CST.
Other Terms and Conditions
- AAFCO is not responsible for typographical errors. AAFCO reserves the right to cancel any order you have placed if there was a typographical error on the AAFCO Store concerning the pricing or availability of any item you ordered when you placed the order.
- AAFCO reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of sale at the AAFCO Store at any time.
- AAFCO may make changes to any products or services offered at the AAFCO Store, or to the applicable prices for any such products or services, at any time, without notice. The information provided at the AAFCO Store with respect to products and services may be out of date, and AAFCO makes no commitment to update the information provided at the AAFCO Store with respect to such products and services.
- AAFCO reserves the right to do any of the following, at any time, without notice: (1) to modify, suspend or terminate operation of or access to the AAFCO Store, or to any portion of the AAFCO Store, for any reason; (2) to modify or change the AAFCO Store, or any portion of the AAFCO Store, and any applicable policies or terms; and (3) to interrupt the operation of the AAFCO Store, or any portion of the AAFCO Store, as necessary to perform routine or non-routine maintenance, error correction, or other changes.
- To the extent permitted by law, all sales at the AAFCO Store are governed by the states of Indiana and West Virginia law, without giving effect to its conflict of law provisions.
- No AAFCO employee or agent has the authority to vary any of the AAFCO Store’s policies or the terms and conditions governing any sale.
If any of the aforementioned policies are held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be void or unenforceable, such policy shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary and replaced with a valid provision that best embodies the intent of the policy, so that the policies shall remain in full force and effect.
- AAFCO’s failure to insist on or enforce strict performance of these policies shall not be construed as a waiver by AAFCO of any provision or any right it has to enforce these policies, nor shall any course of conduct between AAFCO and you or any other party be deemed to modify any provision of these policies.
- These policies shall not be interpreted or construed to confer any rights or remedies on any third parties.